Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Recyled" is the theme.....



I made these quilties this afternoon for the "Recycled"swap for the fabric group I'm in (actually, one for trading and one for keeping!). The fabric isn't 100 per cent recycled, but it HAS all been languishing in my stash for SEVERAL years! So, hopefully that counts. I used some yellow netting from a bag of lemons I had in the fridge, (now that was kind of fun and it reminded me of a bird cage!), some OLD OLD wildlife cards and junk from my junk jewelry box. The lace is some pretty vintage hand crocheted stuff off of a pillowcase maybe.

3 comments:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Really beautiful!

Pam said...

I love your "Recycled" quiltie and enjoyed visiting your blog. I posted a link to your blog on my blog. Hope you don't mind. I think my blog friends would enjoy seeing all the wonderful things you are doing.

Cathy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these! They are both wonderful but I think the bird is my favorite.