Saturday, November 8, 2008

One LAST Halloween Piece

Well, I wasn't going to participate in the October Quiltie swap.

I started hosting it a couple of months ago so that Cathy could have a bit of a break. The fun part is I get to see everyone's work before it goes out into the world.

Of course, after the quilties for trade arrived, I just couldn't resist and had to make one of my own. There is one that really 'speaks' to me and I just must have! I will post the secret quiltie later, it's a beauty!

Mine is relatively simple, some fussy-cut halloween images, my favorite blanket stitch and a darling little spider embellishment that I received in a goody bag from another trade (thank you Julie!) that is attached with a couple of seed beads. For some added interest, I used dimensional fabric paint on the leaves and the crow's vest, scarf and hat. I liked it well enough to make two so that one could be added to my own collection.

No comments: