Saturday, February 10, 2007

"Against the Current"



...is the name I chose for this February Journal Quilt. It was quite the process, and I'm still not entirely thrilled with it. The fish look like they are trying to swim against a current, something I'm sure we all feel like we are doing from time to time. I couched the 'fish' with fibers, they just didn't seem to show up well otherwise. And, still need lots and lots of practice with the whole free motion quilting thing. I don't think you are supposed to have any lines that ever cross one another on a piece - well, I didn't accomplish that! I am also trying to include quotes with my journal quilts that go with the pieces and also inspire me. On the back of this one: "If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything." (Win Borden) Well, it was a learning experience. Onward and upward.